Things we learned from Day One at Kilvrough:
- All of your children are able to make their own bed!
- It is possible to have a pleasant, smooth, three-hour coach journey with 55 children.
- Year Six children at Millbrook School know how to look after themselves and one another.
- All children have healthy appetites and have enjoyed the food they’ve been given; many even asked for extra fruit!
- The sun does shine in Wales.
From our arrival at 1.30, all the children have enthusiastically thrown themselves into all the challenges that have come their way, from carrying their own bags up to their rooms to making their own beds, and for duty group 1, serving their friends in the dining room during lunch and dinner.
All groups have enjoyed a day of getting to know the Manor and its grounds, and have begun to explore the benefits of working as a team. The weather has been bright and sunny, and we have enjoyed an evening of orienteering around the grounds before settling ourselves down for our first night’s rest.